Children & Baby Jewellery
At Hoskings, we cherish the world of tiny wonders, and this has led us to curate the best collection of baby jewellery in Australia. Adorn their chubby little wrists with gorgeous baby bracelets, lovingly crafted for both boys and girls. Celebrate their unique milestones with our charm pieces, or opt for a touch of timeless elegance with our classic bangles. Whether it’s for a birthday or special occasion, we know you’ll find something perfect. But our dedication doesn't stop at infants and toddlers. We've crafted a thoughtful line for older children as well, beautifully encapsulated in our children's jewellery collection.
Here are some tips for making sure jewellery is safe for babies to wear:
- Supervise your baby when they’re wearing their jewellery.
- Choose appropriately sized jewellery to avoid it getting tangled.
- Look for lightweight and hypoallergenic materials like sterling silver or gold.
- Avoid jewellery with small parts that might become detached and don’t allow your baby to put jewellery in their mouth.
- Remove necklaces and/or bracelets while they’re sleeping and make sure earrings are properly secured.
- Jewellery with sharp edges is not suitable for babies and children.
- Read Hoskings “Baby Jewellery Guide” for more safety guidelines.
In some cultures, parents choose baby jewellery for newborns within days or even hours of their birth. In ancient times, babies wore jewellery to ward off bad luck or as part of a religious ceremony. Nowadays, most parents will wait until their babies are a few months old before they are comfortable with their baby wearing jewellery.
The most important factor to decide when your baby can start wearing jewellery is whether you’ll be able to supervise them. Babies love to put things in their mouth, so you need to be aware that jewellery could potentially be a choking hazard. It’s also easy for babies to get necklaces, anklets and bracelets tangled up, so again, direct supervision is required. Hoskings blog post ‘Kids Ear Piercing: The Dos and Don’ts' can help you make a decision about when to get your baby’s ears pierced.
It’s important to know how to choose the right size baby jewellery. Here are some guidelines:
- Choose the right size baby necklace – Baby necklaces should be worn shorter than adults’ necklaces to avoid them getting tangled or ending up in your baby’s mouth. Here’s a guide for baby necklace sizes:
Age Baby necklace length
4 – 7 years 30 – 35cms
7 – 10 years 35 – 40cms
- Choosing a baby bracelet – Baby bracelets and baby bangles should be able to move freely around your baby’s wrist, but not so loose that it will slide easily further up the arm or over the hand and fall off.
- The right size for a ring - Rings aren’t very popular for babies as they’re potentially a choking hazard. When they’re big enough to choose a children’s ring our ring sizing guidelines will help you pick the right size.
The safest bet is to pop into any of our Hoskings Jewellers stores and our customer service team will help to make sure you’ve found the perfect fit for your bundle of joy.
Yes, absolutely! Many of Hoskings children and babies jewellery pieces are made with the specific intention to be able to personalise and engrave. Many of our customers choose to engrave their baby’s date of birth, or another significant milestone such as the date of their christening or naming ceremony.
A great place to start is with our collection of children’s ID bracelets.
Hoskings does not offer a personalised engraving service at this time.
Wondering where to buy baby jewellery? You’ve come to the right place! Hoskings Jewellers has been delighting our customers with a quality range of baby jewellery for more than 70 years. We pride ourselves on collating collections that will suit any budget, from novelty gifts to high-end jewellery made with quality materials like silver and gold.
Our range of children and babies jewellery includes children’s bangles and bracelets, child and baby necklaces and pendants, and a gorgeous collection of child and baby rings. You’ll also find some playful earrings and lovely baby brooches that make great child and baby gifts.