Looking for the best bridal set? Explore our fabulous collection of engagement rings and matching wedding bands in yellow, rose and white gold. Choose from clusters, channel set, illusion set, claw set diamonds, plus many more! We have bridal sets to suit every taste, so start browsing now. We can’t wait to see your ring finger sparkle!
Here are a few tips to help you choose a bridal set that suits you:
- Bridal set metals - Start by deciding what type of metal you prefer. The most popular metal for bridal sets is yellow or white gold. You can choose from 18 carat or 9 carat, depending on your preference and budget. It’s best to choose the same metal for both rings as some harder metals might cause softer metals to wear away faster.
- Diamonds or pearls – The next consideration is what gemstones you would like on the engagement ring, and/or wedding band. The traditional choice is diamonds, but there are lots of other beautiful gemstones too.
- Design – Do you prefer a classic, modern or vintage style? Think about how both rings will look when worn together.
- Lifestyle – Some rings will naturally be higher maintenance than others. For example, higher set solitaires will be more vulnerable to knocks than rings with in-set diamonds. So, think about how your bridal set will fit with your lifestyle.
- Ask the professionals – Speaking to our expert customer service team and trying on bridal sets in store is the best way to choose that bridal set that suits you. Our team can help you choose a bridal set that looks great on your hand and suits your budget.
A bridal set is a matching set of jewellery that’s designed especially for brides. It usually consists of two rings including an engagement ring and a wedding band. As bridal sets are designed to fit together, they’ll usually be designed to complement each other with matching metal, design, and gemstones. Some brides will also choose additional matching jewellery like earrings, a necklace or pendant and bracelet to finish their bridal look.
At Hoskings we have gorgeous bridal sets in 18 carat white gold, 18 carat yellow gold bridal sets and 9 carat white gold bridal sets and 9 carat yellow gold bridal sets. And our 9 carat two/three tone gold bridal sets are also stunning.
A bridal set is different from an engagement ring because a bridal set also includes a matching wedding band. Traditionally, an engagement ring would be given to the bride-to-be during the marriage proposal. In olden days, the bride often didn’t get much say in what the engagement ring looked like. Nowadays, Brides are usually more involved in the decision of which engagement ring to choose. That allows brides to choose a bridal set with a matching wedding ring for a perfectly coordinated look.
A bridal set usually contains two rings – an engagement ring and a matching wedding band. The engagement ring usually has feature stones like a central diamond, or multiple smaller stones. During the wedding ceremony, the wedding ring is presented to the bride and is usually worn stacked beneath the engagement ring on the same finger. Some brides might also wear a promise ring or eternity ring on the other side too.
Most bridal sets are designed for the engagement ring and the wedding band to fit neatly together in the traditional way. That means the wedding ring is usually placed on first, closest to the hand, and the engagement ring is worn on top, closer to the tip of your finger. In Western cultures, most brides wear both the engagement ring and wedding ring on the fourth finger on the left hand.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to choose how and where you prefer to wear your bridal set. Some brides will add additional rings, such as their promise ring, push present and/or eternity ring. You’ll find lots of wonderful options in Hoskings Diamonds & Bridal collection.